Fragrant Signatures Education
Some research results say that when choosing perfumes, we prefer those that fit well with the natural scent of our bodies and harmoniously complete it, thus emphasizing our biological signal.
Research has also shown that when people apply self-selected fragrances, the effect is rated as more pleasant than when they apply a scent chosen by someone else.
Knowing that, we can regard self-composed perfumes as extremely exclusive ones, and if we use only natural materials, as top luxury, too.
If you want to wear a perfume that will cooperate well with your body chemistry, the task of its creation can be best performed by you, your nose and your brain. The self-created natural perfume is an item well worth including into one’s personal wellbeing toolbox.
Would you like to learn how to create such a perfume? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We are here to ignite your passion for natural perfumes! People wore such perfumes till the end of the 19th century, when they became too expensive and too complicated to produce, so they were replaced by synthetic fragrances.
The School of Natural Perfumery Fragrance Signatures and Ana Ličina Aroma Atelier invite you to join the Fragrant Signatures education.
- The difference between natural and synthetic perfumes
- Short history of using natural fragrant materials
- Types of fragrance materials (essential oils, absolutes, CO2 extracts, tinctures, hydrosoles, etc.)
- Notes and accords
- Scent profiles of 21 materials
- Skin chemistry and the effect of scent on emotions
- Perfume families and combining scent materials
- Different forms of fragrant products (oil-based, alcohol-based and solid perfumes)
- Creation and production of a personal alcohol-based perfume
- Guidelines for further education
- Everyone (beginners or professionals) interested in the field of natural perfumery an Fregrant Signatures method.
- Aromatherapists who want their blends to better suit their clients’ personal needs.
- Sensory researchers who want to sharpen their ability to perceive and recognize scents.
- Formulators of natural cosmetics who want to improve the scent of their products.
- Gourmet enthusiasts, sommeliers, winemakers and chefs, because the senses of taste and smell are closely related.
- All types of therapists, who want to support their work with an adequate fragrant background and thus improve its positive results.
- Everyone who is interested in natural scents and wants to get closer to themselves through engaging sense of smell and through creative work.
Education consists of two modules.
Programme & Schedule:
Programme is divided into six sessions, including an introductory session, followed by four weekends of practice (one per month), and a follow-up session. After each weekend of practice, students are given tasks that they should master by the next meeting. In addition, students will have to complete a final assignment prior to the follow-up session.
- Introductory Meeting (2-3 hours)
Before the start of the education, participants should prepare their perfume kit that includes a perfume palette of 21 fragrant materials, buy Fragrant Signatures – Manual for Creating Natural Perfumes, and other equipment necessary for an in-depth and independent work at home. At this meeting, you will be shown how to prepare your palette.
- Fragrant Materials
- Sourcing, Selecting and Storing Fragrant Materials
- Working with Fragrant Materials
- How to Evaluate Scents
- Notes in Perfumery
- Base Notes Evaluation
- Discussion: Individual Impressions and Preferences
- Classification by Scent Groups
- Accords’ Formulation
- Evaluation of Middle Notes
- Discussion: Impressions and Personal Preferences
- Perfume Formulation Method by J. Carles
- Base Accord Creation
- Discussion: Experience of Creating the Base Accord / Olfactory Impression
- Skin Chemistry
- Perfume Evolution
- Top Notes Evaluation
- Creating a Middle Accord
- First Impressions of the Middle Accord
- Discussion: Experience of Creating the Top Accord / Olfactory Impression
- Filling in the Perfume Formula Form
- Balancing Accords – Trials and Selection
- Perfume Creation
- Perfumes’ Classification by Concentration
- On Possible Post Festum Interventions
- Questions and Concluding Discussion
Before this meeting, a final assignment should be nanded in, which consists of:
- completed questionaire
- description of the experience with creating a personal natural perfume
Follow-up meeting consists of:
- final discussion about the creative work carried out
- guidelines for further work
- short individual conversation with the mentor
Details About the Education
- Before the start of the education each student will recieve their personal kit. There will be 21 fragrant materials for the perfumer’s palette, plus few useful bonus items in it.
- Everyone should prepare at least 40 (10 ml) dark bottles with pipettes / caps, labels, a sufficient amount of blotters, and a thick notebook for recording their impressions, thoughts, ideas…
- All classes will be held on Saturdays and Sundays from 4.00 pm to 7.30 pm CET.
(During the introductory meeting we can adjust the hourly rate a bit, to better suit everyone.)
- The complete education takes place interactively (without pre-recorded videos) and with the constant engagement of the teacher and the administrator. This is why, despite the online form, the education is still very personal and enables the formation of close contact within the group. To acquire this type of knowledge, working in a group is of crucial importance, because a lot is learned by listening to the impressions and opinions of other participants (a-ha moments!).
- The created perfume is unique, and reperesents one’s personal, specific fragrant signature. Its formulation was influenced by creator’s physical, mental, psychological, and spiritual needs, which shape each person’s olfactory preferences. You can wear it as your only & forever perfume that will accompany you at every step, and in all life situations. Or you can modify it over time and adapt it to your changing needs. And, of course, you can create a lot of other perfumes whenever you decide so. This education prepares you to do that.
- In module 1 students are trained to create alcohol perfumes.
- working in a small group and in real time
- interactivity and tasks for individual work at home
- manual Fragrant Signatures
- careful mentoring throughout the entire perfume making process
- certificate of completed education
- follow up
- Live online: 47 teaching hours.
- Individual work at home: minimum 30 hours.
Location: Online event via the ZOOM application
Price: 1.200 €
(If you already own the manual Fragrant Signatures, the price is 1.140 €.)
Group Size: In order to ensure the quality of work, we can accept a maximum of 10 people in a group. When the places are filled, we will put you on the waiting list, just in case a place becomes available at the last minute. Thank you for your understanding.
* * *
This module is intended for those persistent and curious who want to learn further, improve their art of composing natural perfumes, and refine their creations.
Those who already have experience in the creation of natural perfumes do not have to pre-complete Module 1, but they will need to demonstrate during the introductory interview, that they have the knowledge necessary for Module 2 level of education.
Details about the Education
- Before the start of the education, each student will be sent their personal kit. There will be 21 fragrant materials for the perfumer’s palette and a few useful items as a surprise in it. During the introductory meeting, students will receive instructions on how to prepare palettes.
- Everyone should also prepare 40 vials with pipettes / caps, labels, a sufficient amount of blotters, and a thick notebook for recording their impressions, thoughts, ideas….
- The complete education is conducted interactively, without prerecorded videos, in real time and with the constant support of the teacher and the administrator. This is why, despite the online form, the education is still very personal and enables the formation of close contact within the group. To acquire this type of knowledge, working in a group is of crucial importance, because a lot is learned by listening to the impressions and opinions of other participants (aha moments!)
- During this module you get to know several methods of perfume creation, and you choose the formulation method that you think will best suit your chosen perfume plan. In the final part, during the follow-up meeting, you can discuss with the mentor your impressions and possible dilemmas regarding the creation process you went through.
Note: In order to be able to work with a larger amount of fragrant components, students are expected to have at hand Module 1 palette materials.
Programme & Schedule:
- Discussion about previous experiences in creating natural perfumes
- Evaluation of the first group of fragrant materials in the palette
- First impressions, discussion
- Theory: work with „difficult“ materials, different dilutions, other forms of perfumes
- Impressions after getting to know the first group of materials in detail
- Evaluation of the next group of fragrant materials
- Impressions, discussion
- Theory: precise measurement (working with scales)
- Discussion after a detailed introduction to the second group of materials
- Evaluation of the last group of fragrant materials
- Olfactory impressions, discussion
- Theory: bases / doppelgangers
- Impressions about the last group of fragrant materials
- Base creation experience
- Theory: different approaches to perfume creation
- The decision on the method of creating the perfume (EdT)
- Practical work: creating a perfume using the chosen method
Before this meeting the participants should submit a paper entitled “My experience of creating and wearing natural perfumes“.
- Conversation: individual reports on the created perfumes
- Instructions for further work: maintaining creative competence, care for personal ecological footprint, sustainability
- Live online: 25 teaching hours.
- Individual work at home: minimum 30 hours.
- online event via ZOOM
Price: 1.200,00 €
In order to enable quality work, we can take a maximum of 8 people in a group. When the seats are taken, we will put you on the waiting list, just in case a place becomes available at the last minute. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
Enrollment is announced once a year. The education is held when a group of interested parties is formed.
Information and Registration:
- Ana Ličina Aroma Atelier / +386 40 641 712
For more information please visit:
- The author of Fragrant Signatures education is Slobodanka Pošti
* * *
- Upon completion of Module 2 this education is finished. On further modes and opportunities to improve their skills everyone decides according to their needs, visions and inspiration.
For more details about education please use contact form on my website: http://aromaterapija.info/slobodanka-postic/
* * *
Impressions of former students:
“I enjoyed the education of natural perfumery very much. I haven’t been so inspired by a topic for a long time! Slobodanka Poštić as a top lecturer and Ana Ličina as an organizer have a lot of credit for that. I saw my kindred souls in them. I am immensely grateful to them for this wonderful experience. I will follow in their footsteps. “ – V. about feelings after the end of online schooling.
“My knowledge of perfumes was in the range of perfume products in the store – you smell, you buy; and the question of colleagues: what perfume do you use! That I can put together the most beautiful scents, scents that are dear to me, it’s something I didn’t know exist. “
“It was super, fantastic! Slobodanka is really an empress. When I got home, my husband said: “Ooo, how nice you smell! Yummy, what is this?” Hahahaha ? I have a box of blotters and bottles on the table here in the living room and it seems to me that the whole room has a labdanum and patchouli aura. In short, I can’t wait for the second part of the education! ” – T. on feelings after the first weekend of education.
“Everything was wonderful, what a beauty these scents are. Wonderful atmosphere and good people, perfect. I’m still euphoric, so this morning I started a small amount of perfumer’s alcohol using benzoin and vanilla. ” – I. about her feelings after starting school.
“Slobodanka and Ana are a great combination, if I add my classmates, inspiration was guaranteed. Everything is included: knowledge, cooperation, friendliness, curiosity, love, attention, temperament, energy.” – A. about why she wanted to attend the same school again.
“It was wonderful in your company and you took very good care of all of us: a friendly and professional approach, nice boxes of fragrances, extensive material … it couldn’t be better.” – K. on school satisfaction.
And a few impressions of the participants after wearing their perfumes for a while:
“I love my perfume. I can’t tell you how good he is. Amazing, what a perfection for the first creation! ”
“My perfume helps me to be well. My clary sage is definitely doing its job, I have perfumetherapy. ”
“I enjoy smelling my perfume products, it all makes me very happy.”
“My perfume is getting depth, I love to wear it. It calms me down, encourages me and makes me feel special. ”
“Perfumes smell nice and bring a smile and good mood to my face every day.”